For further info, here are some of the great benefits of Dark Chocolate:
- Nutritious: Good quality dark chocolate (high cocoa content) is very nutritious, containing a decent amount of soluble fiber, and it is high in Iron, Magnesium, Copper and Manganese. It also has plenty of potassium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium.
- Excellent source of Fats: The fatty acid profile of cocoa and dark chocolate is excellent. The fats are mostly saturated and monounsaturated, with small amounts of polyunsaturates.
- Stimulant: It contains stimulants like caffeine and theobromine, but is unlikely to keep you awake at night as the amount of caffeine is very small compared to coffee.
- Antioxidants: Dark chocolate is loaded with organic compounds that are biologically active and function as antioxidants. These include polyphenols, flavanols, catechins, among others. One study showed that cocoa and dark chocolate contained more antioxidant activity, polyphenols and flavanols than other fruits they tested, which included blueberries and Acai berries
- Disease Fighter: Dark chocolate improves several important risk factors for disease. It lowers the susceptibility of LDL to oxidative damage while increasing HDL and improving insulin sensitivity.
- Healthy Heart: Dark Chocolate May Lower The Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Good Skin: The bioactive compounds in dark chocolate may also be great for your skin. The flavonols can protect against sun-induced damage, improve blood flow to the skin and increase skin density and hydration
- Healthy Brain: Dark chocolate may also improve the function of the brain
- Taste: It tastes great!
We invite you to try some of new dark chocolate combinations, made with fresh ingredients, right from our garden:
- Dark Chocolate Mint
- Dark Chocolate Orange
- Dark Chocolate Coffee
- Dark Chocolate Plain
Thank you for reading!